Optician Jobs in Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Full-time job openings for opticians
Wisconsin Vision is Oshkosh's finest and fastest-growing eye care center. We’re accepting applications from opticians and eye care professionals in the Oshkosh area.
Opticians assist customers with frame selection, eyewear fitting and vision plan reimbursement. We specialize in patient education, helping our clients get the most out of their insurance plans. This job involves constant customer interaction in person and over the phone, so a sociable personality is a must.
A typical day as an optician can include:
- Interpreting the prescriptions written by the eye doctor and creating a work order for the lens lab
- Taking certain eye measurements
- Adjusting and repairing eyeglass frames
- Educating customers on products and insurance information
Experience is appreciated but not required. We provide extensive and ongoing on the job training for our opticians.
- Why work at Wisconsin Vision in Oshkosh
- Retail jobs in Oshkosh
- Optometry jobs in Oshkosh
- Oshkosh eye care center
Role: OPTICIAN:RETAIL/HEALTH OFFICE ADMIN
Reports to: CENTER MANAGER
Create exceptional value in the lives of our customers by delivering legendary customer service. Ensure enthusiastically satisfied customers all the time by performing and coordinating implementation of all corporate processes and values. Build a secure and safe, supportive and motivating working environment which encourages innovation and commitment. Achieve center successes by working towards the achievement of Wildly Important Goals.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Commitment to Patient Satisfaction
- Conveys a commitment in providing 100% Customer Service through enthusiasm and professionalism of self. Has competent, knowledgeable as measured by these key indicators:
- Overall Patient Satisfaction
- Knowledgeable/Friendly Service
- Service after the sale
- Anticipates problems before they occur; explores underlying reasons for recurring customer concerns; goes beyond symptoms to get causes; strives to develop long-term solutions to problems. Holds opticians accountable for the customer service they provide to their patients.
Standards of Performance
- Strives to achieve “Far Exceeds Expectations” on all Standards of Performance.
- Overall Excellence in Customer Satisfaction
- Lifestyle Pairs (WIG)
- Eye Exam Only (WIG)
- Premium Product Sales; Pure Coat, High-end frames, Individual, etc.
- Protection Plans
- Visual Fields
Product Knowledge & Communication
- When needed demonstrates good product knowledge; takes the initiative to accurately describe the features and benefits of various lenses and frames by using the following tools: Frame boards and displays, Lens Center and samples
- Assists the customer in selecting frames and lenses that are best suited for their lifestyle and Rx. Suggests improvements and recommends solutions to problems.
- Takes time to help the customers and answer questions giving them a better understanding of available options. Shows patience and courtesy to indecisive or hard-to-please customers; offers to track down answers to unfamiliar questions or products.
- Uses the Lifestyle section of the OD Exam Form to educate patients on products that will best meet all of the needs of their lifestyle; boating, fishing, driving etc.
- Follows all guidelines for properly billing insurances and all necessary follow through
- Follows all policies and procedures in the “Policy & Procedure Handbook”
- Completes and files in a timely manner all necessary center corporate and patient paperwork being thorough and exact in detail. (commissions, etc.)
- Enters patient information for Doctors.
- Promotes teamwork within centers as well as corporate and lab employees.
- Timely response to corporate memos
- Participation in activities such as: health fairs, labor day events, marketing events, etc.
Loss Prevention & Inventory
- Adheres to all current Company policies and procedures regarding product and acknowledging receipt and disposition of physical inventory.
- Minimizes both external and internal product loss through:
- Securing specific product lines (locking them up, behind counter, etc.,)
- Exit & Entrance Security
- Proper Alarm Code execution and follow-up (Even when alarm goes off in the middle of the night)
- Maximizes Optometric partnerships through participation and involvement in the following;
- Proper patient scheduling
- Proper execution of “seamless transition experience” for patients. (chart handoff w/ recommendations)
- Data entry preparing patient information
Maintains Center Appearance & Safety
- Takes pride in the appearance of the center and shows initiative in keeping the displays and inventory clean, attractive and organized.
- Follows all guidelines on the center visitations form.
- Follows all merchandising principles; POS materials, frame board merchandising, etc.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of current optical theory and practices.
- Strong communicator and listener
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong basic math skills
- Awareness of current fashion trends
- Strong inter-personal skills (friendly, caring, patient and enthusiastic)
- Sales and problem-solving skills
- Organizational skills
- Sound judgment and decision making
- ABO Certification or working toward certification preferred
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
- Previous experience in customer service preferred
- Data entry and MS Office experience preferred
- On feet most of the day
- This description is not intended to include all job duties. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in the description.
If you believe that you can become one of the lucky individuals selected to join our team, please follow through by filling out the application form on this page.
If you'd like to submit your application by mail please send to:
16800 W. Cleveland Ave.
New Berlin, WI 53151