Latest News & Events
Keeping Wisconsin Vision Healthy
At Wisconsin Vision, we take your health and safety very seriously. The respiratory illness Coronavirus has spread across the world, and now officials in the U.S. have warned that we might see an outbreak across the United States. When a serious health issue arises, our team comes together to reassess our strategies to keep our patients and staff healthy.
We understand people may worry about the new Coronavirus. In today’s connected world, an outbreak anywhere can be a risk everywhere. Risk is dependent on exposure. While the CDC considers the Coronavirus a serious situation and is taking preparedness measures, the immediate risk in the U.S. in considered low.
Basic hygiene is the best thing that you can do. Everyone should always take simple daily precautions to help prevent the spread of all respiratory illness:
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap or use a hand sanitizer that contains alcohol.
- Sneeze and cough into tissues. If you get mucus or spit on your skin, clean it off right away. Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, especially people exhibiting respiratory symptoms and fever.
Stay home when you are sick.
- Regularly and thoroughly clean surfaces, such as counter tops, doorknobs, with a disinfectant.
The Coronavirus is spread through respiratory vapor, such as when someone sneezes or coughs into the air around you. Influenza viruses and common cold viruses are also spread this way.
As a valued customer, we are committed to supporting your needs – during these uncertain times, and always.
WHAT WE ARE DOING TO HELP
At Wisconsin Vision these are some precautions and actions that we are initiating:
- Our staff will CONTINUE to clean all medical equipment, doctor equipment, eyeglass frames, doorknobs, light switches, counter tops and frame displays.
- Staff that are ill will be sent home and asked to stay out of work until they are symptom free.
- We are asking that any patients who may be ill with a contagious condition stay home and reschedule when they are feeling better.
- We are asking that any patients or staff that contract the Coronavirus contact us to let us know so we can follow protocol.
- While hand sanitizer will be available while supplies last, we encourage you to wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds as it is the best way to prevent the spread of illness.
- We will communicate via social media, email blast, and our website with any further updates.
- We carry safety eyewear for COVID-19 protection available with or without a prescription