LATEST NEWS & EVENTS
COVID-19 Safety Protocol
Our COVID-19 Safety Protocol
As a healthcare provider, the health and safety of our patients and staff is an absolute priority as we address your eye care needs. The following represents the precautions that we are taking and asking of you prior to visiting one of our locations:
Please consider the following as a patient:
- If you exhibit signs of COVID-19, if you believe that you have been in contact with someone who may have been exposed, traveled outside of the US within the past 60 days, have a cough, shortness of breath or a fever PLEASE refrain from coming to our locations. We can assist you via telephone with one of our doctors and/or staff if you have certain needs such as eye health, glasses and/or contact lenses.
PLEASE consider the following guidelines to determine your care:
- Routine eye exam
- Contact Lens Exams
- Seasonal allergies
- Blurred vision
- Redness, pain & sensitivity to light
- Contact Lens supply
- Trauma to the eye
- Loss of vision
- Contact lens discomfort
- Eye or eyelid pain, redness, sensitivity to light
- Flashes or floating objects
- Double vision
- Halos around lights
- Drooping of the eyelid
- Severe or recurring headaches
For your eye care needs, our Doctors of Optometry and/or optical staff welcome the opportunity to service you in person at your next visit or if you chose to schedule a future appointment for you or your family.
Steps we are taking to provide you the safest patient care:
- Social distancing is important in our locations therefore we ask that you PLEASE consider coming alone for your eye care needs unless this is not possible.
- PLEASE arrive at our location with a face covering/mask. If supplies allow we may provide one to you and request that you wear it while in our location. If not, PLEASE do not be offended if we ask you to reschedule when convenient and you are prepared.
- In the event that our location cannot provide adequate social distancing, we may ask you to wait in your vehicle and we will contact you once we are ready. PLEASE be patient and recognize that we want to keep every one safe and healthy.
- We will be limiting the number of essential exams to no more than 2 per hour. This will provide our staff ample time to disinfect and thoroughly clean after each patient visit. In addition, we will be limiting the number of customers in any location to allow for proper social distancing.
- Upon your arrival, staff will be taking temperatures of all patients with touchless thermometers that enter our locations and requesting that anyone with a temperature above 99.9 to reschedule for a later date.
- Our staff will have available to them masks, gloves, protective eyewear, slit lamp shields, disinfectant supplies, touchless thermometers, and breathe shields at workstations.
- All eyeglass frames will be disinfected routinely.
- All equipment and surfaces will be cleaned after every exam and patient visit.
- Our staff will be following the CDC guidelines for handwashing and sanitizing.
- Our Doctors of Optometry will be leaving the exam doors slightly ajar to promote circulation within the exam room.
- We will offer “curbside dispensing” of glasses and/or contact lenses if you are more comfortable. This service will also include repairs that you may require or orders you need to place.
We appreciate your patience and look forward to assisting you to the best of our abilities and in the safest manner possible as we have for over 40 years.